Mexican Oregano Shaker | Dried Cut & Sifted
Key Product Features
- PREMIUM CUT - Dried leaves of Mexican Oregano cut into herb flakes for Greek-Cut Mexican Oregano style. Small to medium, irregular flakes.
- RICH FLAVOR - Mexican Oregano similar to the more common Mediterranean Oregano, but more robust and pungent in flavor.
- GREAT FOR MEXICAN RECIPES - A champion of Mexican Cuisine. Best for Mexican and Tex-Mex Recipes like Pozole, Enchiladas, Chili, Mole, Stews, Salsas, Meats and Tamales.
- PREMIUM 100% NATURAL - Quality Fresh Flavor stronger than Greek Oregano adding a perky top note to many Mexican dishes.
- AUTHENTIC MEXICAN - Sourced from the finest farms in Mexico.
- Comes in a sealed shaker, 1 x 5 oz for a total of 5 oz
F A Q
What is Mexican Oregano made of?
Mexican oregano is made up of a small bushy shrub that has a more delicate flavor than the Mediterranean oregano. Most of the times, it is sold as dry leaves which usually have an intense taste of flavors when cooked with the Mexican foods.
How different is Mexican Oregano from regular Oregano?
Mexican version oregano is stronger and less sweet than the Mediterranean variety, Mexican oregano also has notes of citrus and mild licorice and adds robust flavor to Southwestern and Mexican dishes and grilled meats and seafood. NOTE: This is RAW Cut & Sifted Farm Grown Hand Processed Oregano and will require some prep work before cooking.
F A Q (cont.)
What uses does Mexican Oregano have?
The Mexican oregano can be used to prepare several meals such as the Mexican black bean soup, the spicy chicken tinger, pinto bean soup, easy red sauce enchiladas, and the ancho chicken tinga. To make it even more delicious, one can add cumin and chili spices to spice up the flavor.