Ancho Chile Powder Shaker
Original Price $9.95
Current Price $8.95
Key Product Features
- MEDIUM TO MILD HEAT - Ancho Chile has mild heat with sweet savory flavor great for enchiladas, salsas, mole and sauces
- ANCHO POWDER is made with 100% pure Ancho peppers. Our recipe includes NO preservatives, additives, or chemicals to ensure real freshness.
- HAND SELECTED - Ancho Chiles hand selected and hand packed in our gourmet spice shop.
- AUTHENTIC FROM MEXICO - Essential for authentic Mexican Cuisine 100% Natural from Mexico
- RESEALABLE BAG - Restaurant Quality packaging for keeping chili powder fresh.
Ancho Chile is the dried form of the Poblano Chile; and as the name implies, it mostly originates from the Mexican state of Puebla. One of the most used chiles in Mexican gastronomy - whole and ground-, this dark rich brown chile has a mild, smoked fruity flavor with some hints of plum. Essential to many moles, this chile powder is also great in other different Mexican dishes such as enchiladas, soups and salsas.
F A Q
How to use Ancho Chile Powder?
Poblanos are dried into Ancho Chile Peppers and can, therefore, be stored and used for a longer period of time. Ancho Chiles can be used in many recipes. Using them, pureeing evenly distributes their flavor in the dish. When properly stored under airtight conditions they can have a long shelf life.
How hot/spicy are Ancho Chiles?
Medium to mild heat - Ancho Chile has mild heat with sweet savory flavor great for enchiladas, salsas, mole, Texas chili and sauces.