Guajillo Chile Powder Bag
Key Product Features
- MILD TO MEDIUM HEAT- Guajillo Chile has mild heat with sweet-savory flavor great for enchiladas, salsas, mole and sauces.
- GUAJILLO POWDER is made with 100% pure Guajillo peppers. Our recipe includes NO preservatives, additives, or chemicals to ensure real freshness.
- HAND SELECTED - Guajillo Chiles hand selected and hand packed in our gourmet spice shop.
- AUTHENTIC PRODUCT FROM MEXICO - Essential for authentic Mexican Cuisine 100% Natural from Mexico
- RESEALABLE BAG - Restaurant Quality packaging for keeping chili powder fresh.
A guajillo chili or guajillo chile (chile guajillo in Spanish) is a variety of chile pepper of the species Capsicum annuum which is widely used in the cuisine of Mexico. They are sometimes used to make the salsa for tamales; the dried fruits are seeded, soaked, pulverized to a thin paste, then cooked with salt and several other ingredients to produce a thick, red, flavorful sauce. Guajillo chilies may be used in pastes, butters, or rubs to flavor all kinds of meats, especially chicken. Alternatively, they can be added to salsas to create a sweet side dish with a surprisingly hot finish.
F A Q
How to use Guajillo Chile Powder?
Before use, Guajillo chile peppers are seeded. They are then soaked and then pulverized to make them into a thin paste. From there, they are cooked with other ingredients to create a sauce. The peppers can also be used in pastes, rubs and butters when being used to flavor meats.
How hot/spicy are Guajillo Chiles?
Medium to mild heat - Guajillo's heat (rating 2,500 to 5,000 on the Scoville scale) is considered mild to medium.