Mexican Oregano Ground Powder
Key Product Features
- GROUND OREGANO - Mexican version Oregano has a stronger and less sweet than the Mediterranean variety.
- AUTHENTIC FROM MEXICO - Essential for authentic Mexican cuisine and much more. 100% Natural from Mexico.
- ALL NATURAL - 100% Natural, Non-GMO, Non-chemical and Fair Trade. Quality is our foremost priority!
- HAND SELECTED - Our Oregano powder comes from hand selected and hand packed dried Oregano in our gourmet spice shop.
- RESEALABLE BAG - Restaurant Quality packaging for keeping chili powder fresh.
Mexican oregano is a relative of the lemon verbena and its very common in Mexico, where it originated. It is different from all the other oreganos because it has a unique tone of citrus and mild licorice. Unlike the Mediterranean oregano, the Mexican oregano is less bitter, more floral, and has a strong sweet smell.
F A Q
What is Mexican Oregano made of?
Mexican oregano is made up of a small bushy shrub that has a more delicate flavor than the Mediterranean oregano. Most of the times, it is sold as dry leaves which usually have an intense taste of flavors when cooked with the Mexican foods.
How different is Mexican Oregano from regular Oregano?
Mexican version oregano is stronger and less sweet than the Mediterranean variety, Mexican oregano also has notes of citrus and mild licorice and adds robust flavor to Southwestern and Mexican dishes and grilled meats and seafood. NOTE: This is RAW Cut & Sifted Farm Grown Hand Processed Oregano and will require some prep work before cooking.
F A Q (cont.)
What uses does Mexican Oregano have?
The Mexican oregano can be used to prepare several meals such as the Mexican black bean soup, the spicy chicken tinger, pinto bean soup, easy red sauce enchiladas, and the ancho chicken tinga. To make it even more delicious, one can add cumin and chili spices to spice up the flavor.
Where can I buy Mexican Oregano?
You can buy Mexican Oregano right here on our website www.olerico.com !