Pasilla Chile Powder Bag
Key Product Features
- RICH FLAVOR - Pasilla Chiles Have Rich Deep Flavor With Mild Heat Between 1,000 to 2,000 Scoville Heat Units.
- HAND SELECTED - Pasilla Chiles hand selected and made into Pasilla Powder.
- MILD TO MEDIUM HEAT- Pasilla Chile has mild heat with sweet-savory flavor great for enchiladas, salsas, mole and sauces.
- AUTHENTIC PRODUCT FROM MEXICO - Essential for authentic Mexican Cuisine 100% Natural from Mexico.
- RESEALABLE BAG - Restaurant Quality packaging for keeping chili powder fresh.
The pasilla chile or chile negro is the dried form of the chilaca chili pepper, a long and narrow member of species Capsicum annuum. The fresh narrow chilaca can measure up to 9.0 in (22 cm) long and often has a twisted shape, which is seldom apparent after drying. It turns from dark green to dark brown when fully mature. Pasilla is used especially in sauces. They are often combined with fruits and are excellent served with duck, seafood, lamb, mushrooms, garlic, fennel, honey, or oregano. They are sold whole or powdered in Mexico, Pasilla de Oaxaca is a variety of pasilla chile from Oaxaca used in mole negro.
F A Q